Wireless in xp not working

Reaction score
Hi all. Just installed XP SP2 for the second time as the first installation decided to randomly pack up and not even boot before I got a blue screen of death. Guess that's windows for you. :Grimmace:

Anyways. I get this problem when trying to connect to my home wireless network (password protected). It works absolutely fine in OS X - full signal, perfect. However, when I try to connect in XP I see it in the windows "available wireless networks" but on attempting to connect it claims the network is no longer accessible before it even gives me a chance to enter the password.

I had this problem the first time I installed XP, and after hours of tinkering around with drivers I found online for the AR5008 card, I stumbled upon one that was bundled with 'Atheros client utility' which allows you to set up wireless profiles for different networks. This solved the problem the first time round. Now, I cannot for the life of me remember where I got it. Has anyone else ever had this problem? If anyone has a link for the utility I'd be v grateful.

Thanks for reading.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you installed the drivers from the Leopard DVD?

You shouldn't need any 3rd party drivers. Which Mac do you have?

OP
E
Reaction score
Yes, installed all the drivers on the DVD but went searching for 3rd party drivers for the wireless because I get this wifi problem with the apple driver.

MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'd suggest it's not a driver issue. Try turning your security off and connecting.

If it connects OK it's how XP is handling the security type.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.