2 quick questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Hi,

I have one question about battery life....
Do the batteries of MacBooks have a limited cycles it can go before it dies? I've gone through about 5 cycles already in about 10 days because I use it quite a lot outside... I remembered reading somewhere that I'm supposed to calibrate the battery about once a week... Any other way to keep my battery healthy?

The second question is on Sims 2...
When I run Sims 2, it is on full screen mode... I remembered watching the demo video for Leopard at the Apple website and the guy demonstrating Leopard had some golfing game thing on windowed mode in one of the spaces... I want to do that with my Sims 2 as well so that I can play games and do work at the same time... Is there any way to make Sims 2 not run on full screen mode?

Thanks....

Anyway.. I'm loving this MacBook!!! I was using it at a Starbucks earlier today and this lady came up to me asking for help with connecting to a wireless network with a Lenovo laptop... I've almost forgotten how laggy, unresponsive just plain ****** some laptops can be.... Just 10 days and I'm absolutely convinced! Macs are the way to go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
About the battery, I would calibrate it every 6 months or so and you should be fine. When you're using the battery just make sure to use it until it gives you the low power prompt, then plug it in. That should help give you more time with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Ok. I've loaded up The Sims 2 and changed the settings for 'Sim when minimized' to on. Can't figure out the window things though... Cmd+H hid it so I can type this post.

I found this so I'll give that a go... two ticks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
2mr9s11.png

My Mac's not loving it though, but playable.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Thanks to both posters for the tips! It was exactly what I was looking for!

And yup, it's not exactly fantastic graphics and everything but it's certainly more than playable! And exactly what I was looking for!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.