Rescue Data from Vintage?

M

mbmc

I need help soon! I am applying for a job, and I just discovered that my resume is in my Macintosh LCII, for which I no longer have a monitor. I am using an early iMac. Is there some way to transfer data from the LCII to the iMac? Thank-you so much, Michael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
There's no practical way to get at the data on an LCII without a monitor, either an Apple one or a PC VGA monitor with an adaptor.

If you have a Macintosh User Group in your area, one of the members might have a monitor that would work, or know where you can find one. A monitor that old would be virtually worthless, so you might be able to get one for free, or find someone who'll let you use it for a few days.

Otherwise, try eBay. Or Craigslist.

Even when you do get it up and running, you'll need an external floppy drive for the iMac, OR a modem or network card on the LC to transfer the file (unless you just want to retype it.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Well, you could take it into your local computer store and tell them you want to test the monitor with your Mac before you buy it. (wink, wink) Also, you need to test a printer to print your resumé.

Really, you need to find a monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.