Boot Camp trouble :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook- 2.16 GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB hard drive : OS X Leopard
  • So i open boot camp assistant
  • set to partition the hard drive at 5g for windows, cuz i just plan on running one game
  • I hit partition
  • Then after that sits for awhile i get this error:
    picture1xx8.png
  • So i go to disk utility and select the hard drive, not what i named it however
    picture3sr8.png
  • then I hit verify disk and get this error:
    picture2ma5.png
  • then i press repair disk permissions (assuming that is the repair button i should click) and it sits idly for awhile.
  • then it finishes with this message:
    picture4ee3.png
  • So i go back to bootcamp assistant and get the same message again after trying to partition once again:
    picture1xx8.png

What should I do? Am i going to have to backup my hard drive then erase and reload Leopard?

I tried using the Leopard install disk repair but that wouldn't work either. I dont have time right now to upload pictures and explain what went wrong with that whole process. I don't know if it is relevant but I updated To leopard, so leopard was not my original operating system, cuz it came out about 2 or 3 months after i purchased my macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
You need to Repair the disk, not the disk permissions...

To do that you need to boot from your leopard cd...

from the menubar: Utilities --> disk utility...

It will look just as it does when running OS X...

Go to the "First Aid" tab for your Leopard partition.

Click "Repair Disk", not "Repair Disk Permissions"

There may be some risk involved in doing this, so I would wait for a second opinion before trying this...

If you are feeling semi-risky, backup your most important files, and give my suggestion a try...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As NPuter stated, the disk needs to be repaired. However, you don't have much available space left on your Mac drive. You'll notice there's only 21 Gb left on the Mac side. Maybe time to move some of those music and video files on to an external hard drive and clear up some space? ;D

Regards.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook- 2.16 GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB hard drive : OS X Leopard
yeah, i have an external.. but its nice to have all my music with me all the time. lol.

And i don't add much usually... however, will it affect my gaming if I only have 5 gigs to play with?

I'll give that a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.