What's First?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I'm ordering my Ibook on Monday. When I get it is there anything I should do first besides turning it on?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if youre planning on wireless internett via wireless router/airport base station, use wep.
run software update, repair permissions after an OS/security update.
have fun:mac:

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I agree with Macman, updating is very important. One other thing that cross my mind was protection (e.i. carrying case), when traveling with your iBook, take care of the it, because you can easily scratch it. I was so careful for the longest time with my iBook, then I put it in my backpack without protecting it, and my books scratched the surface of my iBook like mad. Now, I don’t care what my iBook looks like, dumb books.

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
What do you suggest for protection? Is there anything that you can slip it into and then are able to put it in a book bag? I think I read that on here but I can't remember where. If you know of any posts of cases/ etc let me know.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Sorry, I'm not really sure about what kind of carrying case to buy. What I use is a handbag. It is almost the same size as my iBook, so I can slip it in my backpack. A host from a computer show that I use to watch just had his mom nit him a handbag for his 12" powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I use a Second Skin iBook sleeve from Tucano( www.tucano.it ) to protect my iBook when I dump it in my backpack...

I believe crumpler also make a similar product now called Crumpler:Gimp

They are basically custom-designed zipper cases for your iBook that are only a shade bigger than the 'book itself...

Btw I reviewed the Tucano case for my blog (which no one reads, so if someone would finally comment on at least one of the posts, that'd be great)

Blog address in signature below

D

danger_boy_13

A lot of companies make sleeves for the Mac. RadTech, MacCase, Waterfield Designs, Marware. I can't think of any more off the top of my head, but I know that Booq, Timbuk2 make bags, but I don't know if they make sleeves.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.