transfering media

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just brought home my first mac (a macbook pro) and I was wondering what is the best way to transfer all my media from my PC desktop to this new computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Hey everyone I just brought home my first mac (a macbook pro) and I was wondering what is the best way to transfer all my media from my PC desktop to this new computer?

What sort of "media"; and how much of it? There are two or three ways in which the transfer can be done, but more info first please.

OP
X
Reaction score
mostly just music and photos. I have about 6000 songs I need transfered over and just a few pictures.

Reaction score
I've tried an external hard drive myself but it didn't seem to read all the files. I've had the best luck just using a USB flash drive. But I think that is more to do with the fact that it's formatted FAT32 whereas the hard drive was formatted NTFS. But I'm also using Tiger, things might work better under Leopard. Don't know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The formatting of the two drives really doesn't matter. Say if the internal drive of the Window machine is NTFS and the external is FAT32, that won't matter at all. You'll want an external to be formatted FAT32 if you want both windows and OS X to read and write to it natively.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.