• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My Dinner - Steak Curry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I was disappointed since I couldn't find any curry paste to make my own curry sauce. Next time. I found a decent substitute. It's Kong Yen instant curry.

Started with some oil in a pot and put in a small container of sliced baby portabella mushrooms, a whole red onion cut into chunks, and a whole yellow and red pepper cut into chunks. I put it on medium and went downstairs to the pre prepared charcoal grill. Tossed the steaks on there. Pulled them off at about medium rare-medium. Sliced them and set them aside.

The rest was easy, 800cc (***?), or 27 ounces of water and a brick of instant curry later and we had curry! I put some additional chili powder in there as it said it was mild. Fixed the rice, and then prepared it for the below photo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
It's Kong Yen instant curry ... Tossed the steaks on there. Pulled them off at about medium rare-medium.The rest was easy, 800cc (***?)

It's called metrics :D should be written as ml (millilitres - British spelling).

I put some additional chili powder in there as it said it was mild. Fixed the rice

Wow, looks gooooood, hope it tasted great. And thanks for the culinary treat. That brand name suggests Asian curry. I eat a curry once a week, there are so many varieties to try, Indian included.

Next time you buy a steak, try New York cut (usually rump), and simmer it whole in a curry sauce in a covered dish. Comes out moist and tender. Serve with rice and whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am starving!

I feel like eating my screen hoping that I could just get a little taste of that picture.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Man, that looks amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Looks good, but I like my steak to be almost raw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Curry is one of my favorite dishes.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
VI, like someone else said, that looks Amazing! It would make me very hungry but I had all you can eat Chinese tonight so am very full!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
You'll be hungry again in an hour. LOL ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Yummm....Looks good. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I couldn't find any curry paste to make my own curry sauce.

I'd like to suggest that this thread be expanded to invite your best/favorite recipe for a curry sauce or dish. Please note the emphasis - your curry, rather than a packet or tinned one bought somewhere. I'd like some ideas for my meal on Thursday evening, thank you. I'm going to use chicken.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I WANT THAT

No you don't. I think you might want this :D

Here's stuffed chicken I did the week before last:

I made stuffed chicken and a side of asparagus. I borrowed from some one's post on here. The chicken has spinach leaves, bacon, mozzerella and asparagus in it. A little basil on the outside and in the oven it goes. The Asparagus was fixed in a large pan with oil, basil, spinach leaves, portabella mushrooms, and some minced up garlic. It took about an hour and a half @ 350-375 for the chicken to get done.

Getting the chicken ready

The asparagus

My small workspace

Cooking the asparagus

The finished product

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You are making me hungry all over again!!! :D

I might give that a try next week.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
It was amazing and the chicken breast were so huge that I ended up cutting them all in half and eating them for lunch after the first day.

I like Tuesdays. No one's home and I can cook a good meal and have left overs for the rest of the week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I just did a double take. I read this earlier this today on the vortex.
biggrin_upper.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
No you don't. I think you might want this :D

Here's stuffed chicken I did the week before last:

I made stuffed chicken and a side of asparagus. I borrowed from some one's post on here. The chicken has spinach leaves, bacon, mozzerella and asparagus in it. A little basil on the outside and in the oven it goes. The Asparagus was fixed in a large pan with oil, basil, spinach leaves, portabella mushrooms, and some minced up garlic. It took about an hour and a half @ 350-375 for the chicken to get done.

Getting the chicken ready

The asparagus

My small workspace

Cooking the asparagus

The finished product

I WANT BOTH!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
I'd like to suggest that this thread be expanded to invite your best/favorite recipe for a curry sauce or dish.

I agree with Hugh. Start a new thread for any favorite recipe, not just limited to curry (if it hasn't been done already).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
think you might want this. Here's stuffed chicken I did the week before last.

You're torturing us, and I think the moderators should take decisive action :D

PS. What camera are you using to take those photos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree with Hugh. Start a new thread for any favorite recipe, not just limited to curry (if it hasn't been done already).

Yeeees! And I haven't got a curry recipe for my chicken tonight. I'll just have to do my own thing. Hot Indian I think. Had a spicy Caribbean pork casserole with pasta last evening - yum!

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
You're torturing us, and I think the moderators should take decisive action :D

PS. What camera are you using to take those photos?

Canon 30D, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS, Vivitar 285HV (the most important part), and two Pocket Wizard PII's.

The plate shots were done with an Alien Bee B800 and large soft box.

At my new place I have a studio set up in the living room so all I have to do is move my lightstand into the kitchen and switch my camera on and everything is ready to go.

I'm going to start passing out business cards to local places and I'll have a traveling portfolio (thanks iPhone) to show of food photography, interior photography, product photography, people photography, etc...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.