Affordable Macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have one :(
Does anyone know where in my area, Dallas, TX, where I can buy a MacBook, any, and pay in monthly payments? I can't afford a MacBook in full payment, but in monthly payments I can. or where I can purchase an affordable MacBook. So anyone know anything? Please and Thanx...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The Apple Store has financing available through a credit card application.

Personally, I would avoid any monthly payment options for a computer. You would be better off just saving up for it and paying it in full.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know about the Juniper Visa Card. I can't apply because I googled about it and people say its a scam. I've read so amny reviews about. I'm staying away from it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I know about the Juniper Visa Card. I can't apply because I googled about it and people say its a scam. I've read so amny reviews about. I'm staying away from it.
While it may not have the most favorable rates and isn't the easiest to get approved for, it isn't a scam.

Still, financing a computer by any means is not a good idea. I'm not sure how old you are, but it is an especially bad financial move for anyone under the age of 30. The last thing someone of that age should do is attempt to get credit and then immediately max it out (which is what you're doing when you get 'monthly' payments on something). Not to mention that a younger person's chances of getting approved for such an arrangement would be rather slim... non-existent if they are under the age of 18.
If they did get approved, they would probably get stuck with a sky-high interest rate and need a co-signer to boot. That co-signer would likely be a parent... and if one is going to that extent, they would be better off borrowing money from their parents and paying them back.

Bottom line, if you don't have the money now, then you should probably wait until you do before you buy.
If you are looking to save some cash, then check out the refurb store on Apple's site, check the auction sites for a previous generation model or take a look at sites like craigslist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video 30GB | Black macbook 2.2 gHz 1GB RAM 160 GB hard drive
i wouldnt pay monthly, just save up and get a refurbished macbook, thats what i did

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My parents would pay with anything involving cards. but they dont like the juniper visa thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's not a scam, but I'd avoid the Juniper Card. Interest rates are WAY too high. Ask your bank, I'd think a signature loan should be around 7-8%

BTW Apple will take a cashiers check direct from your bank for a phone order.

Reaction score
I have the Juniper card and it is actually now one of my best credit cards. I have had it since about 2003. It started out at the default interest rate but after a year I called and they lowered the interest rate by a huge amount. My credit limit was also doubled. The Juniper card is actually a very decent card to have.

You can also apply for the Bill Me Later option. Works just like a credit card except you don't get a credit card and you pay monthly. The option is there during checkout at Apple.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
LOL The Juniper card isn't a scam! It's just a credit card like any other. It has great intro apr too. I have one and I've not had any trouble with it at all. The Juniper is exactly like a house card at best buy or something. Although if you are hatin juniper you can always go to a best buy in texas and apply for one of their cards and get a macbook through them. Although I'd not suggest it, I hate best buy I've had the worst customer service and satisfaction from there then any and all other stores combined.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's not a scam, but I'd avoid the Juniper Card. Interest rates are WAY too high. Ask your bank, I'd think a signature loan should be around 7-8%

BTW Apple will take a cashiers check direct from your bank for a phone order.

Can you elaborate more about a cahier check and what u were talking about? u can send me a message or reply here.

I have the Juniper card and it is actually now one of my best credit cards. I have had it since about 2003. It started out at the default interest rate but after a year I called and they lowered the interest rate by a huge amount. My credit limit was also doubled. The Juniper card is actually a very decent card to have.

You can also apply for the Bill Me Later option. Works just like a credit card except you don't get a credit card and you pay monthly. The option is there during checkout at Apple.com.

U can elaborate more aswell about the Bill me later option and how it works? reply here or send me a message.

Please and Thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
If you were to say take a loan for your computer from a bank, they would most likely want to disburse said funds via a cashiers check. Apple will take cashiers checks (those are bank generated guaranteed checks), but only via telephone ordering. So if you were going to buy a computer this way you'd call Apple, make the order, they'll send you a purchase order for you to send your bank and give you an address the bank can send the check to. Once the bank has sent the check to Apple they will finish processing your order.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.