Question with time machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Hi guys, I've just received my new Macbook and I'm having a little problem with Time Machine....

OK... I just re-formatted my 500 gig external hard disk and partitioned it so that 100 gigs is used for external storage of random stuff while the other 300++ gigs will be used for time machine... When I partitioned it, the Macbook did ask me which partition did I want for time machine and I selected accordingly....

However, when I tried to open Time Machine later, it says that "A storage location for Time Machine backups isn't set up." It asked me to click set up time machine which I did... But after I clicked that nothing happens? And it doesn't even have that bright dot in the dock that appears when the app is running in the background...

What am I doing wrong? Is there something wrong with my hard disk? Because the data was corrupted before...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
Was the external hard disk unplugged when you where trying to backup? Did you see the drive on the desktop? I had that problem, then I realized my external HDD was not turned on.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Hi... My hard disk was turned on... I realized what the problem was already... I had to go to Time Machine via system preferences to "Turn It On" so that it can do the initial backup... Only then when I click on Time Machine on my dock will it work....

Anyway, I've been playing around with my MacBook and I gotta say... I'm absolutely loving it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.