Adobe Camera RAW update

Reaction score
Adobe Camera RAW update (solved)

I am running OS X 10.5.3 on a new iMac. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.

Whenever it runs the auto-update, it downloads the "Adobe Camera RAW 4.1.1 Update" and attempts to install it. Unfortunately it always claims, "The Updater is unable to locate the product to be updated."

I'm not sure what is going on. I installed Photoshop in the default manner and haven't done anything to the setttings.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

OP
L
Reaction score
Nevermind. I figured it out by doing the update manually.

Downloaded the file from Adobe and followed the directions for the manual install. Simply one file to replace and it shows up in the "about plugins" section as the newer 4.4.1 version.

I do find it odd that the autoupdater couldn't figure it out since the file was in the proper directory as mentioned in the instructions.

If anybody cares the information and plugin can be found here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66, 14 GB RAM, 1.7 TB HD Space, and many other systems
Thank you for posting your solution. I have been seeing these updates come up constantly as needing installed, but then saying it was unable to find the product needing updated.

It had been doing it from Adobe Acrobat Reader. So, I was quite confused. But, I guess it's just the Adobe updater kicking in to update any Adobe product anytime I opened a PDF document.

Today, I thought perhaps it was updating the Adobe Photoshop Elements. So, I launched it, and ran the updater from it, and found that it was pulling the same update.

So, I did a quick search, located your post, and found the solution. Your posted idea worked great. Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.