Application folder icon

Reaction score
I had some issues with my dock yesterday that I think I straightened out. But my applications icon looks just like my address book icon, except it looks like it has a page behind it. Shouldn't it look like that "A" icon, and if so, what have I screwed up now?!

Ugh...learning curves...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Nope. This icons down there are pretty clever. It's showing the contents of the file in the icon - and being organised alphabetically, Address Book is the first one that comes up.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you! I thought I really messed something up.

I don't know if I could make this switch to Macs if it wasn't for the help from all of you guys; thanks for putting up with all of my stupid questions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
That drove me crazy too. What I found is if you create another folder using the Application icon and rename it to "0Applications" then it will appear first in the Application Finder window, and then also dock and the address book (or which ever items are next) will show up behind it.

dock.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.