Help!! Need Adobe Reader and lost Download icon!

Reaction score
Brand new to Macs. I needed to download Adobe Reader to be able to print out a form from a website. Unfortunately, it would not download fully (used Safari). I got to the screen in which it said that either Safari or the Adobe application was still running and needed to be closed to complete the installation, but everything seemed to be closed. How can I ensure that all of the applications and web browser are closed?

Second, somehow I dropped my Downloads icon into the Adobe icon in the Dock; how do I get it back?

Wow, there really is a learning curve making the transition!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Are you using Leopard? If so, does preview not properly display the PDF for some reason?

As far as your dock, open a finder and drag the downloads folder back to where it was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz, 2 Gb RAM
For closing the programs use Command + Tab to cycle through the open programs then you can either click the program name in the top right and select quit to close it or simply press Command + Q

OP
S
Reaction score
I am using Leopard. The website stated that "it appears that Adobe is not installed on your computer, and is needed to print the receipt." Will preview automatically open it?

During my attempted install of Adobe, I indicated I wanted Reader to be the default; how do I change it to Preview?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.