How do I remove Samsung ml2510 "Smart Panel"

Reaction score
Hi - I recently installed (regretfully) the Smart Panel for the Samsung ml2510 printer. I no longer use the printer, and want to remove the Smart Panel (and it's icon) from the top menu bar, but for the life of me have no idea where to start. It isn't showing up in Applications, and searches for "Samsung" or "SmartPanel" in Spotlight come up with nothing.

Can someone PLEASE help - it is irritating me to no end (I hate clutter on my desktop :Oops:

Thank you in advance,
-D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
What happens when you click or right-click on it? Does it show up in the System Preferences window at the bottom?

OP
D
Reaction score
That's what's strange - nothing happens! When I click or right click on it, the icon just stays there. It's also weird that the icon is faded somewhat - before I deleted the drivers for the printer the icon was in bold colors, now it's in the same place just faded and I can't get rid of it. No program comes up in System Pref's or utilities - I don't understand it. I don't have the disk I installed it with anymore - there still must be a way to get rid of it right?

Reaction score
If you re-run the installer package and choose "uninstall" from the drop down menu instead of "easy install" you should be able to uninstall the files. However, the SPanel folder will remain in your root Library folder. You can keep it or trash it.

Reaction score
Also look in Preferences/Accounts - Login Items and see if it's there. If yes, delete it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice - I just looked in Accounts/Login and it was not listed as a startup item. When I try finding it in spotlight, nothing comes up at all (even using variations of the name). I couldn't find any folder name SPanel (or derivative) in any Library folders as well. It's like it shouldn't exist on my computer.

The problem is I don't have the disk that I used to install it, so I can't easily run the uninstaller program. I'm still hoping someone knows of a way I can get rid of that icon....:Grimmace:

OP
D
Reaction score
Nevermind - got it. If you got to Samsungs website and download the installer from there there is an uninstall option - took 1 minute... THANKS!

Reaction score
finally got rid of "Smartpanel"

My Samsung ML-2510 stopped picking up paper at 11 months and the repair shop just cleaned it and returned it just after the warranty expired--still not working. What a drag--making it very irritating to have the Smartpanel icon and program popping up every time at login.
I tried everything listed here including selecting unintstall with no success.
Then I tried to select "Show in Finder" that appears when you click on the dock icon. Finally the previously hidden folder was available to trash.
That sound of emptying the wastebasket rarely has sounded so good.
And it's gone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5"4K, MBP 15" wTB
Thanks Olavsson, I did the right-click Smart Panel in the Dock, choose Show In Finder, then, while keeping the Smart Panel Folder window open, I again right-clicked the Dock icon and selected Quit. Now I could drag the worthless annoyance, Smart Panel.app, to the Trash, otherwise I would get a message "Unable to place in Trash while application is in use." I have never seen the so-called Smart Panel show any sign of intelligence, other than not showing up on any Spotlight searches.

Reaction score
The Other Solution

In some cases the icon of the taskbar and Finder does not show the path of the application.

For 3 hours looking for information on the subject 2 hours I got the simple solution. Excuse the spelling and writing, I am using a translator to make this response.

Applications> Utilities> Activity Monitor

There you will find the process of "Smart Panel", when selected, click on "Inspect" on top of Activity Monitor and then click the "Files and open ports. "

The first line shows the path Library> Printers> Samsung> SmartPanel

This path does not exist apparently in the Finder. In the Activity Monitor select the entire route and press ctrl + click on the path and we click on the "Reveal / Show". In Finder appears the application.

Before deleting it is necessary to stop this process in our Mac, in the Activity Monitor, close the window "Inspect", in the process list just to click on SmartPanel and click on the button "Quit Process" in top.

*Read NOTE at bottom* Now we can remove the application, I used AppZapper to delete all records. When you uninstall, I deleted the entire contents of the folder to make sure nothing is left of this application.

NOTE: It may not be necessary, but in my steps for uninstall, before stopping the process in the folder SmartPanel ran the 3 applications that had not remember the name because I deleted them, but only one of them worked , showing the viewing options icon in the Finder toolbar, uncheck the visualitazion option and then stop the process and remove it, leave it to your account.

SmartPanel short life!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.