Year old MacBook user looking to add iMac 24"

Reaction score
Hey Group:

My name is John. I have been enjoying my Mac Book so much that I want to further my experience by purchasing a 24 inch iMac. My issue is ... what to do with the Mac Book after I get the iMac? I would like to remove all of my pictures, i-Tunes, everything lock stock and barrel to the iMac. I have already purchased an external harddrive to support time machine. My fear is the migration issue. I have Photoshop CS3 and Light room, and a host of other programs that I may not have the disks for.

I would like to upgrade my laptop, clean it off, load up the iMac, and live happily ever after. I want to be able to run windows on both machines. I have already brought VMWare Fusion. I am also looking at a 3G iPhone as well.

I would like some opinions.

Thanks

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Why not do what I did......buy an external 24 inch monitor and connect it to your MacBook? In addition to this, I'm using an Apple Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mighty Mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06Ghz 24" | MacBook 2.5Ghz | iPods
Hi John,
Backup your MacBook using TimeMachine then you can move everything over to your new iMac.

Connect your TimeMachine HD to your iMac.
Applications->Utilities folder & open up Migration assistance.
On 1st Screen click From a Time Machine backup
Then select which backup; Home folder , apps ect ect you wish to
transfer.
You could also use the leopard DVD & select Utilities->Restore System from
Backup, at the Welcome Screen.

I have not needed to use this approach & others may enlighten you to
any possible hazards , problems this may entail.

Hope this proves useful. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.