Which?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Can anyone tell me what whether this is a powerbook or an ibook? Someone told me it was an Ibook it does look a little white but the monitor would be more squared wouldnt it?

View attachment type.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Looks like an iBook to me...And, by the way iBook screens(and all screens for that matter) are NOT square.. They are in the ratio of 4 units wide for every 3 units high.(Hence them being more wide than they are tall)..So, you really can't make the assumption of it being a PB just because of that.. Besides, a PB screen(except the 12") is in the format of 16 units wide for every 9 units tall.(I believe the Cinema Displays are actually 16:10, but minus the dock, its 16:9

D

danger_boy_13

It looks like a PB, but I'm not sure. Don't you have a bigger pic or better quality that you can zoom in and try to read what it says on the bezel below the screen?

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No it was a pretty big picture but the computer was a ways away so this is the only picture I have of it. And by monitors I just meant that it seem to me that the ibooks screens looked more squared then the PB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
oldnews said:
No it was a pretty big picture but the computer was a ways away so this is the only picture I have of it. And by monitors I just meant that it seem to me that the ibooks screens looked more squared then the PB.

ooh! I must have misunderstood you! The iBook screens are indeed more squared than the Powebook screens...

I guess there really isn't any way to tell if thats a pb or ibook....

Reaction score
It's probably a PowerBook. It has a thinner screen frame, and wider sceen like shown in your picture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
attachment.php

DSC01166.jpg

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
So, why do you need to figure out, if it is a iBook or a Powerbook? Just wondering.

It's an iBook. If you look in between the guy's hands, there are two different colors, where you press the release button to open the laptop. There is a white color and an off white color in the very front of the laptop. But with the Powerbook, it seems that it is one color in that area at the very front.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
its an ibook.. (looks like to me)

its white.... arent powerbook grey???

IMO iBook...
:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd say it's a 14" G3 iBook... 2002 vintage ;)

2 facts:
-There is a space between the keyboard and the edge of the base, but not as much as I would expect to be on the 15" powerbook...
-The color is not really the dull white of the g4 iBook, but a more shiny/transparent white like the old G3 iBooks had...that's why it looks a bit metal-like on the picture.

If I'm right you have to visit my blog ;)

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This picture was taking from my school and was on the website. But I found the teacher today and come to find out it is a Powerbook G4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.