Question Answered!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
This forum is an encyclopaedia, and in my view is the best in the market as far as forums go. However it seems to have one feature lacking - a tag to show that a question has been answered. My personal preference would be an illuminated, smiling lightbulb.

I spend a lot of time on the 'Net, forums in particular. It would be helpful-good-nice not to go back time and time again to a thread or topic that has been done with, and left to get shunted further and further down the list. And yes, I do use the Search function.

I looked at the Forum Courtesy thread - very interesting. But not one contribution mentioned a system for letting others know that "a question has been answered and no further input is required, thank you very much".

Okay, the rep system goes some way to letting a contributor know that an answer was well-received or regarded. Call me old-fashioned, but a plain "thank you" or "issue/problem solved, thanks" goes a long way to letting a contributor know that s/he can turn attention elsewhere.

What say you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
smiling lightbulb. hehe. i approve.

also, could we get a forum facelift. this bright squarish look is very hard to look at.

ya, that was off-topic...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The main problem with that type of functionality is that it really only fits for forums that are 100% dedicated to support which we are not. It works for Apple's support forums but I don't think it would work so well for a more general Mac forum.

Support is only part of what goes on here. There's also community building, sharing of creative works, reviews of products, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.