Spread Sheet

Reaction score
Ive got an old CD disk with MS Works 4.0 on it I think it was for W95 and I used in on W98. Installed it in XP and it wasn't exactly a disaster but.....

Anyway would MS Works 4.0 work with 10.5? ( I guess Leopard is 10.5?)

I won't get my iMac on line till late this week - I'd like to try that SS on the wide screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
It might work fine as long as your running windows with vmware or parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Then no. It's a Windows program.

Reaction score
Ive got an old CD disk with MS Works 4.0 on it I think it was for W95 and I used in on W98. Installed it in XP and it wasn't exactly a disaster but.....

Anyway would MS Works 4.0 work with 10.5? ( I guess Leopard is 10.5?)

I won't get my iMac on line till late this week - I'd like to try that SS on the wide screen.

Interesting that you post here that you won't get your iMac until late this week but you post this in another thread yesterday:

Spent 4 hours yeserday with my new iMac. I'll probly box it up and send it back. Don't like anything about it.

We really do not need trolls here.

OP
F
Reaction score
Perhaps I wasn't clear. I have the IMac but not a router for which I am waiting which will arrive this week. I am trying it offline. Sorry about that. I ain't no troll - I got questins and some are for sure stupid but they are legit.

Reaction score
Perhaps I wasn't clear. I have the IMac but not a router for which I am waiting which will arrive this week. I am trying it offline. Sorry about that. I ain't no troll - I got questins and some are for sure stupid but they are legit.

I apologize for my mistake. Your post did say "on line". The mistake is mine.

There are plenty of people here willing to help. For a spreadsheet, I suggest downloading NeoOffice when you get online.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There are plenty of people here willing to help. For a spreadsheet, I suggest downloading NeoOffice when you get online.

Agreed - for a free alternative, NeoOffice is a great solution. When you first open it, it will open in the word processing program, but if you go to the File menu and click New, you can start the Spreadsheet, Database, Drawing or Presentation programs, which are all very similar to their Microsoft counterparts and fully compatible.

Also note that trials of Microsoft Office 2008 and iWork '08 are also available in your Applications folder if you want to check those as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.