General help required

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Hi,

I'm literally currently in the process of buying a MacBook online right now... Anyway, I've got a couple of questions...

1) Cos I'm getting the Back-To-School special, I get a chance to buy an iPod Touch for $28 (it's not free in Singapore)... Anyway, I promised to sell it on to my friend already but he can't seem to decide what he wants engraved on it... Is it possible to get it engraved sometime later?

2) Is NeoOffice or iWorks better when it comes to word processing? I'm currently a university student and will need to write many essays... MS Office for Mac is a little too expensive for me... iWorks is cheaper plus it is "supposedly" better than Powerpoint...

3) Will they make a stringent check for the Back-To-School offer? I can't really qualify for that because I'm a student in an Australian university (apparently it's only applicable for local Uni students)... My sister qualify for purchases at the Educational Store (she's a staff), but she's not a Uni student... Will that matter?

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked to death already...

Reaction score
1) Nope

2) Just download a free trial of iWork when you get your macbook and see what works for you

3) They might - I believe they do checks on a random sample of customers - if you're not eligible, don't use it. If you're not sure if you're eligible, ring them and ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
3.) It's highly unlikely they'll check.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Thanks anyway for your help guys!

Anyway, to play on the safe side, I bought the laptop in the name of my friend who definitely can qualify for the discount and is a local Uni student... Just that it'll be shipped directly to my address... That shouldn't be a problem right?

Just realised that I am going to own my very first Mac!

I'M SO EXCITED I CAN SCREAM!!!
(But I can't cos my neighbours who are all studying for exams will kill me)...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.