New MacBook/ Transmission

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to come!
So I just picked up my first macbook today! And I've never been happier. But I was going threw a few threads on torrents, and figured I'd give Transmission a try. But I'm stuck. I downloaded it, its on my desktop, but where do I go from there? I don't know how to search for or get music?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You need to download a BitTorrent file, which you then open with Transmission. Think of it as the torrent telling Transmission what you want and where to get it from.

I use www.isohunt.com.

And remember not to breech any copyrights!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Sounds like you need to get Transmission running in the first place.

You downloaded what we call in the biz a .dmg file, which is a disk image. Double click it and it should open an icon on your desktop which will look like an Orbitz spearmint gum, or a white chiclet. Double click on that and then you should see an icon that represents the actual Transmission.app. Drag this one to your Applications folder, and then launch it like you would any other app.

Then you're ready to go with the torrents to download Linux distros etc. ;)

You can then trash both the .dmg and the chiclet (to "eject" it.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I suggest going to proxy.org and then going to a torrent site through proxy.org (I suggest thepiratebay.org), do a search for files (legal only of course), and then click download and transmission should download the file for you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.