Boot Camp Apps still hangin around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2, 17" Hi-Res Display ; iPhone 3G 2.1
Ok, so i was setting up my guest account on my mbp, and when choosing the applications allowed under the parental controls, i noticed that it still shows vmware, along with all the apps i had installed under windows, (ie Microsoft Streets & Trips), even though ive uninstalled VmWare, and completely removed my bootcamp partition. (ive found mac replacements for all the apps i used in windows... hurrah!) So is there still remnants of all these apps lurking around my mac? How can i get rid of them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
So is there still remnants of all these apps lurking around my mac? How can i get rid of them?

Firstly, find out where they are, using Spotlight and the names of the software items - one at a time - you no longer want. Hold the mouse pointer over the item name in S'light, and a sticky will show the location. Once found, you can send them to Trash.
Secondly, check Login Items in SysPref > Accounts for pesky items that hide in the background each time you restart your computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.