what is the source of internet hanging?

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my imac g5 (10.4) and the internet always hanging and not being able to have a constant reliable connection. The weird thing is my airport express has full bars, but when I ping my network I get 70% packet loss.

On my network I have a pc with windows xp that's wired to the router and my own imac g5 running on wireless. I get internet through dsl (speedstream modem) and 2 belkin routers (same model). One is used for an access point, which my imac connects to. I bought two because previously before the two routers i was experiencing this with a dlink router. I thought it was a router issue, but it was not. Then I bought 1 belkin router.. and i thought maybe the wireless had interference so i bought another to use and boost the signal strength, but currently i'm still experiencing the same thing. I not a network saavy person, but this is extremely irritating now. Can someone please help me??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.