HELP! How do I install OS X over Linux? (again)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just boot from the OS X restore/install discs to wipe and reformat the drive.

OP
G
Reaction score
I don't have the discs with me. I bought a family pack and shared it with friends at college and one of them has the physical discs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I don't have the discs with me. I bought a family pack and shared it with friends at college and one of them has the physical discs.
You will need the actual discs. You will have to get them back from whomever has them or purchase a new full retail version of Leopard.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You'll actually want to get the System Discs are they contain a number of applications in addition to OS X, as well as troubleshooting utilities. Assuming you can't get them from the seller, you'll need to contact Apple for replacement discs. As I understand it, they run about $40.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Hi, going back to the original thread, as I see it you have a copy of your original Tiger disk as an .iso on an external HDD ?

What version of Linux is installed? You should be able to plug in your external drive (it should mount and show up on the desktop), then you can use K3b or whatever burning program is available to burn the image to disk.

Hope this helps,

Cheers :)

Hugh

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You might even try holding down the Option key during power-up. It may be configured to dual-boot OS X and Linux.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.