Refurbished MacBook

Reaction score
Sorry I know I've been making a lot of threads, but I finally decided to get a refurbished one. Do you guys recommend getting a refurbished one? Initially I wanted the middle white macbook but then I change my mind and wanted the base macbook since it cost $200 less. Today I saw the refurbished middle one for around the same price.
So I chatted with one of the guys on the apple site and he said I cant bring it to my local apple store to get it fix if it ever have problems. He said I have to mail it back in which is such a hassle. However, he say I can call the local store and ask if they have refurbish macbooks. Do they even carry those or only new ones? I'm guessing only new ones.
So what are you guys experience in buying the refurbished ones? Any problems occur later on? Does it has a lot of scratches?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video 30GB | Black macbook 2.2 gHz 1GB RAM 160 GB hard drive
I bought a refurbished black macbook, and was unaware that the local stores would not fix them. Mine is great though, i have had it for 2 1/2 weeks and it came with no scratches, signs of use or glitches, it works great.

OP
S
Reaction score
So it's true I cant take it to the local apple store to get it fix? I hate to wait for like 2 weeks or maybe even a month for them to fix it. Ok I have just chatted with another guy on apple and he say I can indeed take it to the store and fix it. So one guy say yes one guy say no. Can I take it to the store to get it fix incase any problems occur.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video 30GB | Black macbook 2.2 gHz 1GB RAM 160 GB hard drive
i am not sure, but it would make sense that you could, because they come with warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.