Boot Camp

Reaction score
hmmm i installed xp on my mac. but i cannot install the drivers o my mac on bootcamp...:/ the reason is because my xp cd has sp1! and it requires sp2, how can i get sp2 if i cannot connect to the internet with bootcamp since no drivers are installed? i had an idea i have not tried it yet but here is my idea.
can i just make a copy of my windows folder from my desktop computer and drag the folder to bootcamp hard drive onto my mac? i mean my desktop has been updating all this time it has SP2 so i was thinking that by having SP2 on the desktop it might have it in the windows folder of the C drive.. will this work? if not what can i do?
oh by the way i already tried downloading SP2 onto a thumbdrive and installing it on Bootcamp but no good it says that : there is not enough space blah blah blah and there must be at least 4 megabytes ....but i have 33 gb on there! (left) i gave it 36 gb in total!
it says that it cannot find $NtservicePackuninstall or something like that!
Please HELP!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Borrow a friend's Windows machine, download SP2 and slipstream SP2 into your SP1 disk and start over.

To slipstream use the Windows application "autostreamer". It's free and easier to use than the others. Do a Google search for it.

Regards.

OP
K
Reaction score
Borrow a friend's Windows machine, download SP2 and slipstream SP2 into your SP1 disk and start over.

To slipstream use the Windows application "autostreamer". It's free and easier to use than the others. Do a Google search for it.

Regards.

can yo prvide clearer instructions PLEASE:) oh what do you mean start over? delete Xp on my mac and reinstall everything? and i dont get the autostreemer~ i have a desktop so i dont need a friend's mchine but why do i need another cmp for?
please provide instructions PLEASE!
thnaks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
can yo prvide clearer instructions PLEASE:) oh what do you mean start over? delete Xp on my mac and reinstall everything? and i dont get the autostreemer~ i have a desktop so i dont need a friend's mchine but why do i need another cmp for?
please provide instructions PLEASE!
thnaks!!!
To use bootcamp on a mac, you must use a Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista 32bit install disk.
You cannot simply install normal XP then upgrade it to SP2, it does not work.
In your case you used a Windows XP Disk which, as you see, causes problems with the instillation of the drivers.

What you need to do is reburn your XP disk to include SP2.
This is called "slip streaming"

So here are the instructions ;)

Go on your other (windows) computer

Download SP2: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

Download autostreamer: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Autostreamer.shtml

Install autostreamer, it should come with instructions or a readme, and use it to burn a new XP disk (take note that this is completely legal)

Back on your mac, boot into leopard, launch bootcamp assistant, delete your windows partition, and start over using you newly created XP SP2 disk...

Hope this helps

OP
K
Reaction score
unfortuanantly
I was unable to do this...I tried but the autostreamer would not pick up the xp disk...! So there was a X next to the cd thing on the autostreamer...I clicked on the magnify glass but I could not browse! Hmmm very weird the only thing that the autostreamer picked up was the size of the disc but the rest was unknown!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.