Ibook G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I know that the new 1.33Ghz Ibook G4 just came out recently and I was planning on getting it for Christmas but does anyone know when the next update for the Ibook is planning on being? Because I don't want to purchase the new ibook if in a few months they release a new ibook that has a better look etc.

Anyone heard any rumors?

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Do you think it's going to be a big update, with a brand new look to the ibook or just some more space/memory etc?

M

mangoSharingan

Well, the update won't be something significant that will render your iBook obsolete or something. Your iBook will still be powerful enough by the next update. It's inevitable. No matter how soon you buy something computer-related, in the new few weeks or even days(!), a better thing comes along. At least the iBook ain't as bad as Windows laptops. Because of the many different types, you get new ones coming out every few days!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The next iBook revision is "due" around may 2005, so I wouldn't be worried if I was you...

The update cycles are fairly predictable, so you should be up to date for a good few months if you get one for christmas...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.