Vista 64 or 32 for Bootcamp AND VMware Fusion

Reaction score
I currently have a new MBP 2.4Ghz 4gb ram, and im running Vista Ultimate 64 in Boot Camp and VMware Fusion. It says it doesn't support it, but in the forums I read the only problem is with activation which isnt a big deal cuz I have multiple licenses anyway. However, I have found that VMware is incredibly slow for Vista 64 bootcamp.. I usually run it with 2gb allocated for Vista under VMware Fusion and I have even tried 3gb, but it is still incredibly slow. I was wondering if Vista 32 would be better? I understand that when I run it from bootcamp I wont be able to use all my memory but being that it is 32bit i don't think it will need all of it. By biggest concern is speeding up VMware fusion. Specifically I would like to be able to play games through the Virtual Machine.

Thanks,
Nate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
Virtual machines are just NOT meant for gaming because they emulate hardware. Boot into your bootcamp vista and game instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.