help

Reaction score
I just got the newest Imac and i was wondering if there is any way to make the internet browser fill up the whole screen? When i stretch it out from the corners the actual internet page stays in the middle as the sides expand but are only plain white.
Is there any way to take away that white space?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
you could lower the resolution of the screen to make everything bigger. i dont recommend it because it will look awful unless maybe you dont have great vision and require everything to be larger.

once you get use to it it will be great. you will start to realize that you can have several applications going on the screen at once without them being covered up by other programs. so you can see like your full itunes as well as the a full browser window and work with them both at the same time.

most websites are designed to be 1024x768 these days so you are most likely not going to get them any bigger with changing your resolution.

Reaction score
It might depend on the site. This forum, for example spreads across the entire screen when my browser is maximized. CNN.com, however, does not, and it is just blank space around the sides with the content centered. I am using Opera, not Safari.

Like the above poster, I run everything in a window, particularly since my desktop resolution is 1920x1200.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I also notice that it depends on the site which Lucion mentioned. Cnn is as he describes with blank space on the sides, but other sites open full wide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I just got the newest Imac and i was wondering if there is any way to make the internet browser fill up the whole screen? When i stretch it out from the corners the actual internet page stays in the middle as the sides expand but are only plain white.
Is there any way to take away that white space?

you'd have to change the site code.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.