• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Barack Rejects Public Funding - McCain is Done?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Well, it's a touchy subject and in this case the candidates are very, very different and attract people with differing viewpoints.

Rarely do these threads end in a civil and intelligent discussion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Politics is as crooked as it sounds. All candidates do is get our attention by promising all these things, and then right when they walk in the Oval Office they forget us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Well, it's a touchy subject and in this case the candidates are very, very different and attract people with differing viewpoints.

Rarely do these threads end in a civil and intelligent discussion.
yep, I tend to avoid political discussions online entirely. Even when the candidates are similar it tends to lead to animosity :D

OP
T
Reaction score
Wow.

I see that these forums are as nonconfrontational as the Truman Show. I was flabbergasted to be put on time out for writing a few "bad words" that wouldn't have hurt a fly. Now this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
touchy subject this
It sounds like the kind of idealism that Tony Blair had in 1997 in the uk

I only hope he doesn't get misled like Blair - although our ex UK PM did do many good things

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Wow.

I see that these forums are as nonconfrontational as the Truman Show. I was flabbergasted to be put on time out for writing a few "bad words" that wouldn't have hurt a fly. Now this...
It simply doesn't do me any flippin good to bother arguing with you over politics on an internet forum. Sorry, I have much better things to do with my time. If I didn't, I'd reexamine my life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Wow.

Feel free to find a forum that better fits you if this one doesn't. We're not the right place for everyone, and we're ok with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.