Some questions regarding MacBook

Reaction score
I previously purchased a Macbook, but ended up returning it within a few days, as my peripherals wouldn't work.

I'm contemplating purchasing a Macbook again perhaps as a graduation present to myself.

The following 2 peripherals failed to work in the past and I was wondering if anyone else was able to get them to work:

1. HP Laserjet 1018 (printer)
2. Epson Stylus CX6000 (printer/scanner - want the scanner to work; don't care for the printer)

Also, does Messenger for Mac have the webcam option working? If still not, then is there a viable alternative?

Lastly, if I do decide to get one, I'm sort of debating between a refurbished Macbook from Apple store or perhaps spending a few extra hundred dollars and getting a brand new one.

Although the topic has probably been beaten to death, is it worth waiting till the end of summer in the anticipation for a Macbook with steel casing, or it isn't likely this summer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I have two Laserjets in my house, a 1012 and a 1300, and both have worked perfectly fine with every Mac I have plugged them into.

Not sure about the Epson Stylus as I've never owned an Epson printer.

OP
M
Reaction score
Dysfunction: I tried it when I got the Macbook, but my printer wouldn't work still.

Kash, did your printers have Mac compatibility or did you have to look up drivers to get them to work?

Also, if I were to purchase a Macbook from the Apple store, would they help me setup the printer/scanner?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The non-hpijs drivers for the HP lower end laserjets are really pretty inferior. They worked with mine (a 1012) but the resolution and over all print quality sucked. The hpijs drivers really improved things. Other than that I had no issues with initial setup, and I'm running mine on a networked print server. What specific issues did you run into?

OP
M
Reaction score
I followed instructions to the best of my ability and installed all the needed drives, but the printer wouldn't work for some reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Kash, did your printers have Mac compatibility or did you have to look up drivers to get them to work?

No extra drivers needed, it was all plug and play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
dont know about the printers im afraid, but Windows Messenger For Mac doesnt have webcam support just yet. A good alternative that i use is aMSN. Has all the features of MSN and more.

http://www.amsn-project.net/download.php

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.