Boot Camp volume is to loud.

Reaction score
which thing do i lower in realtek hd audio manager? Because I went into volume control and lowered master volume to as low as it can go.. and the volume is stil really loud if i turn it up a few clicks with the mac.. So I've been having to keep it right on 1 click.

OP
W
Reaction score
Bootcamp volume is to loud.

Bootcamp volume is reallly loud. I can't even go more than 1 or 2 clicks without having it far to loud.. Is there any way to fix this?

OP
W
Reaction score
yeah the notches only bring the master volume up and down, so it seems they are the same thing. It's really annoying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Happens with me too...

Its just a normality of using bootcamp...

Even when my master volume control is raised one pixel (the lowest you can go) it is sometimes still too loud...

Reaction score
Here's like a homemade idea.

Get headphones, plug them in, then put the volume to desired volume. Don't put the headphones in your ears, just lay them where they're plugged in. Not the same audio quality, but it should be able to lower the volume.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd kind of rather not blow out a pair of headphones from using them as speakers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd kind of rather not blow out a pair of headphones from using them as speakers.
haha ;)

Reaction score

You underestimate the beating headphones can take. I have mine on so high I can hear them from 3 feet away some times. They can take a beating. I've never blown one out.

Reaction score
Hay guys quick question.

Are you talking about the volume in windows being too loud or bootcamp the programme? I'm a little unsure.

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hay guys quick question.

Are you talking about the volume in windows being too loud or bootcamp the programme? I'm a little unsure.

Josh

We are talking about running windows on a mac through bootcamp...

OP
W
Reaction score
anyone know a fix for this? It's pretty annoying. I'd think it would be a pretty simple fix.

Reaction score
Well, its not a 100% perfect solution, but I found that turning down the Wave volume next to the master control gives you more headroom to work w/ on the master control...if you play cds or use a mic, I would assume turning those down would help with that too. Hope it works for you guys.

Reaction score
I'd like to go the other way. The volume in Windows on my MBP is super loud as well, but what I want to know is why can't I turn it up this loud in OS X? Even with the equalizer in iTunes on full, volume on full, the sound volume isn't even half as loud as Windows can achieve. Any way, command-line or something, to raise the max volume in OS X?

Reaction score
Possible Solution

I too had this problem on my bootcamp MacBook Pro (with a RealTek audio device). I went to the "sounds and audio devices" control panel and turned the device volume down to "low" as well. Now the volume scales in a much more linear fashion. Previously, my last five or six notches of volume were at maximum.

Of course now I have the problem of readjusting my individual applications which I'd set up to compensate.

"Dear software developers, please make all volume settings universal. I shouldn't have to adjust the volume in eight different places to achieve a workable solution." Oh wait, that's just Windows!

Dear Microsoft, your market domination baffles me. How does a company which produces nothing but inferior unoriginal products dominate the market in such a way? Surely there must be some sort of criminal element, witchery, or other sort of dubiously ethical activity transpiring out there in dark, dark Washington. Boo to you

To the above poster, I am sorry I do not have a solution for you but the ear splitting volume of my Windows partition did set me wondering as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
yeah the notches only bring the master volume up and down, so it seems they are the same thing. It's really annoying

Open the volume control equalizer/mixer , should have lots of sliders and turn down the wav sound, it doesn't touch the master volume but lowers the output of the card.

Reaction score
Had the same problem in Windows 7 on my iMac. Found out I could right click on the little speaker in the task bar (lower right of the screen). Go to volume mixer. Killed off system sounds and bootcamp sounds. Moved the speaker level on the left up, then I brought down the level of iTunes. This adjusts everything relative to the speaker level, and removes those annoying clicks when you press the keyboard volume level are gone. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.