Recent switcher needs answers!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am awaiting my new one. :D.
Yes, the title outlines it all. I have a list of questions that need answering pretty soon. I will just add more posts when I think of it. :p.
* 1. If I have a program installed on another Mac, how do I get that program onto another Mac via a CD/DVD/Flash drive?
* 2. What font types (.ttf, etc) are compatible with Mac?

Jacob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
1. Depends on the program. Some programs are individual files in the Applications folder. Others have an installer on the original DVD.

If you have an old Mac, you can run Migration Assistant and copy everything across with a Firewire cable.

2. TTF, Postscript and Type 1 Outline.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am awaiting my new one. :D.
1. Alright. I am trying to get software from my mate's macbook to my macbook pro (when it comes) but I do not have the cd's anymore as when I moved house, I lost them.
2. Thanks for the links, very useful stuffs.

Jacob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
What applications is it? and how was it installed?

as stated before if it was simply a drag and drop installaton (most of them are) then you can simply move them to your mac. however if it required an installation wizard then you can't without the original CD/DVD or .pkg file

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.