Mac questions

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering making the switch to the MAC book (2GB mem & 160GB HD) & I have some questions before making the plunge. I'm se consultant that relies heavily on ACCESS & Power Point. IWorks is somewhat compatible with Word & Excel so long as I save the files appropriately. Is that correct? I'm going to purchase VM Ware so that I can also run my PC programs. Is VM ware simple to use and are there any problems associated with it? Is the MAC book memory mentioned above better than enough to run IWARE, ACCESS, Quick Books & my MAC Works or do you recommend additional memory? I understand that I will need to purchase a new OS for the PC side but can I use my current Office '03 & load that on the MAC pc side?

Thanks for your insight!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
VMWare makes apps for most platforms. PC, Linux, and Fusion (which I run) for OS X. Not to mention their server platforms.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
VMWare makes apps for most platforms. PC, Linux, and Fusion (which I run) for OS X. Not to mention their server platforms.

oh okay. I didn't really know much about VMware, besides that they worked with PCs.

Knowledge learned, knowledge gained ;)

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the good read! I understand that VM Ware is an alternative to Parrallels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Thanks for the good read! I understand that VM Ware is an alternative to Parrallels

No problem =]

I don't think you would have many problems, if any with VMware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it is, it works well. I've not used Parallels, but from what I understand they both offer extremely similar feature sets ;) I know both have a free trial period.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.