• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple student discount

Reaction score
I'm a little confuse about this topic. I'm transferring to a Univeristy this semester and was trying to take advantage of the free ipod deal. I first put the name of my new univiersity in and it had this option where I can put the tax in to calculate the subtotal. However I try putting my old school name in and it says it's an authorize college store. The catch here is this school doesn't have the option to add in the tax to calculate it. Also it had my old college logo on the apple site. I thought it was the browser problem but I switch to firefox and it still did the same thing. I hope that means no tax, but I doubt it.

Does that mean they don't charge tax if I buy it from my old school? Just asking lol trying to save some money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
You lost me. What do you mean by "put the tax in", "authorize college store", ect?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
Who is Eligible To Purchase
The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education individuals:

Faculty or staff member of a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Parent purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Purchase Quantity
Faculty, Staff and Students purchasing from the Apple Store for Education Individuals will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year:

Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
Apple TV: There is no limit on the quantity of Apple TV purchases per academic year
iPod: There is no limit on the quantity of iPod purchases per academic year
The above purchases can be made either online, through an Apple Retail Store, or through your Apple Authorized Campus Store. Total product quantities remain the same regardless of where your purchase is made. The Apple Software purchases above are only available through the online Apple Store for Education or through your Apple Authorized Campus Store.

Statement of Eligibility
I represent that I am a member of one of the defined groups above, eligible to purchase and that the products being purchased direct from Apple Inc. are for the personal, education, and/or research use of a student, faculty, or staff member.

I found this on their site. It does appear to apply to a limited number of schools.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.