Leopard 10.5.2 folders

eae

Reaction score
All my folders, on the desktop and in the dock, contain all the other folders on the computer.
On my old macbook, clicking on the folder just brought up the window with the contents of that folder.
Anyone know what's happened, and how I can go back to just having a single folder? It's infuriating the way it is now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
I'm not totally sure what you mean? You're talking about the "stairway" which shows latest added files in your download folder (just an example) ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I'm confused too. Clicking on a folder, whether in the dock or on the desktop brings up a window showing the contents of that folder.

OP
E

eae

Reaction score
Sorry, not explaining it well. Say I have a folder ROME, with its icon on the desktop. When I open it, I don't get a list of all the documents I put into ROME, but instead another ROME folder icon - together with icons for all the other folders there are on my computer.
What I want, and what used to happen was one folder, one set of contents, and not a list of umpteen other unrelated folders.
Hope this makes it clearer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.