Files from PC to Mac

Reaction score
I read that iTornado works to transfer files from PC to MAC but when I went to their website it mentioned nothing about PC to MAC. Is there a device similar to this to transfer my files from the PC to MAC??? I am looking for something a little cheaper too.

Thanks,
Kim

Reaction score
What kind of files? Something you can just put on a flash drive or external hard drive and plug in the Mac and transfer back?

OP
D
Reaction score
Mostly word docs and images... I have a maxtor one touch drive but I don't think it is compatible with a mac?? I plan on installing parallels, so does this mean that the maxtor one touch is compatible??

I am totally confused with this whole parallels thing... so files in Windows Explorer will not be visible in MAC OSX unless I physically drag them to the MAC desktop....??

"Move an entire Windows system to your new Mac in just a few simple steps. No losing data, reinstalling software or re-customizing your computer." WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS MEAN?? How is my windows XP and software getting to the MAC?? Connected with an ethernet??

Sorry for lumping everything into one post.... my mind is running wild...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video 30GB | Black macbook 2.2 gHz 1GB RAM 160 GB hard drive
I had all of my pc files backed up on an external hard drive and then i plugged my macbook into it and dragged the files to my mac folders. For music, you can select all of the song folders/songs and drag them straight over the iTunes icon in the dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video 30GB | Black macbook 2.2 gHz 1GB RAM 160 GB hard drive
Also, you could mac the files on your pc shared and then view them on your mac and copy them.
You get to shared on the mac by opening your "Macintosh HD" icon (on desktop), then go to "users" then "shared". make sure that your pc is on when trying to access the files on the mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
There are easy ways to get your pc files to a mac... for instance http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304721 with little need for added software or as mentioned you can use an external hd, cd/dvd or thumbdrive.. there are lots of articles and instructs on the net (and lots on this forum also).

As for parallels, think of it as a 'file' that runs windows on your mac... It allows you to install windows on your mac, run it, and rather than logging in to one OR the other, you can run them at the same time... You'll find a fair amount of help with that here or scattered on the net also.

Hope that helps...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If your external isn't working with your Mac it may well be the formatting - if you reformat it to FAT32 it should work fine with both, no other software needed.

Also, it does mention PC to Mac on the Tornado site if that's the route you want to take - http://www.thetornado.com/cart-page3.asp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
If your external isn't working with your Mac it may well be the formatting - if you reformat it to FAT32 it should work fine with both, no other software needed.

Also, it does mention PC to Mac on the Tornado site if that's the route you want to take - http://www.thetornado.com/cart-page3.asp

We all know that FAT32 is sub-optimal for disks bigger than 32 GB because of the structure of the filesystem. I would recommend spending a little money on Paragon NTFS 6.5 for Mac and then just keep you external in the NTFS format.

You can't write to NTFS discs as default in OS X but with Paragon you're able to do that.

/LeAstrale

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Sorry, was just suggesting the cheapest and quickest option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17", 1920x1200 matte LED display, 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB 5400RPM HDD, 512MB VRAM
My Mac recognizes my PC's external hard drive just fine and it is NTFS formatted.

Reaction score
My Mac recognizes my PC's external hard drive just fine and it is NTFS formatted.

Macs can read NTFS-formatted drives, they just can't write to it without a utility like Paragon NTFS. If you only need to copy files from the PC to a Mac then an NTFS-fromatted drive will work fine. If you need to copy from the Mac to the PC it won't work without something like Mac Drive. Unless, as mentioned, you use FAT32.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.