Nokia 5310 XpressMusic Cell phone Mac comaptible?

Reaction score
I don't know what forum to put this in... Anyways.. I just bought the Nokia 5310 XpressMusic Cell Phone. i plugged it in the USB and it does not show up on the desktop as an external device. Is this phone even compatible with mac? I'm looking to download and put screen savers,pics, music, ring tones.

Reaction score
hi,
You can get MAC related information from nokia site. http://europe.nokia.com/mac. I think currently they don't have isync plugin for Nokia 5310 XpressMusic Cell Phone but you can use Nokia Media Transfer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 Core 2 Duo | 2GB Ram|160GB HD | SuperDrive
I have a nokia 5310 and I just use bluetooth to transfer files. That's a perfect alternative if you have bluetooth on there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Still moving 2 decades of Classic Mac files into 10.4 using an eMac 1.42
OK, here's my notes I put in DEVONthink. If you don't have DT, you should get it ;-)

Nokia 5310

Main Support Page Nokia USA - Nokia 5310 XpressMusic support

Nokia Europe Mac Support Main Page Nokia Europe - Mac software - Support

Nokia Multimedia Transfer Nokia Europe - Nokia Multimedia Transfer - Support Transfer music from iTunes, photos from iPhoto, other files, etc.
Installation: Download from above link, unzip and move (for example) to Utilities folder
See Transfer from iTunes link on this page (under the How To tab) for iTunes, iPhoto, and Device Browser instructions (incl. video). More info is available under the FAQ tab.
Versions (beta as of 12/08):
v. 1.3 is last for 10.4.11, will run under 10.5
v. 1.4 requires 10.5.5

It works pretty well, at least on my 10.4.11 G4 eMac. Of course, there's also bluetooth if you have that. Have fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Of course, the above instructions should work with lots of other Nokia devices as well :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, and you need your phone set to PC Suite, I think it'll ask you if it isn't when you connect the USB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.