Ntfs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro 2.4gz 4gb ram 200 gb hd
Hello guys new to the whole mac world. Well while rading this forums that btw have giving me somuch help i read that macs could not read ntfs formatted HDD, but they will read fat 32 formats. While finally getting my 2 sonys and my mac pro to network together i notice the mac recognize my external drive that is in ntfs format and the mac can access all files in it just fine. I s this goin to be an issue down the road or this is normal. Well any assitant will be appreaciated going to go back to figure out now why i can not see my printer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
You can use disk utility under Applications>Utilities to format the HD to FAT32 or you can just right click on it in Windows Explorer and format to FAT32 also

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
By default, Mac OS X can *read* NTFS partitions, it can not write to them. For that, you'll need a third-party product like MacFUSE or Paragon NTFS for Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.