20 inch iMac

Reaction score
I have read in the past of problems with the picture on the 20inch iMac monitors. Has this problem been fixed, and if not, is the difference very noticeable? The difference in price between the 20 and 24 inch is fairly significant, so if the picture quality is not too drastic, I'd opt for the 20inch.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
I have no idea if the newer iMac displays are any different than when I bought mine.

To be honest, the only problem I see with this monitor is the narrow viewing angle. By a narrow viewing angle... The colors seem to be "off" as you get further away from center. Since I basically sit right in front of the monitor, it is a non issue. I am very happy with my 20" iMac.

If you have a chance to see them on display, go take a look and see if it will really be an issue.

Reaction score
I have a 20" iMac (the new Penryn model) and I can't tell much difference at all with the color compared to my Macbook Pro (which I know is a 'millions of colors' display). The 20" iMac set at 2.2 TV Gamma, in my experience, makes the colors look 'deeper' compared to the default 1.8 Standard Gamma. But, overall, the new 20" is very bright and I can see no color problems with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I've no idea, but I'm happy with my 20" iMac. The screen do look yellowish from the side, but whatever, I'm always in front of my screen so that doesn't matter.

Reaction score
They still use the same panel as last years model. Some people say they don't like them but I think in reality, most people like them. The 24" models have different panels and even those have uneven lighting problems on some.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The 24" is brighter (385 cd/m2 vs. 290 cd/m2 on the 20") and has a better viewing angle (178 degrees vs. 160 degrees for the 20"). Also, the 24" uses the more expensive IPS panel type, while the 20" uses the less expensive TN panel type. Finally of course, the 24" is simply bigger! All in all, the 24" is much better display.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Ah but which one has the best power consumption rate and longer lifetime before these things start playing up?

2 things nice to know. But really that 2¢ more of electricity doesn't matter so much and by the time either of them would have played up we'd have moved onto a better model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.