Silly question - where is the yellow minimize option?

Reaction score
Sometimes when I am toggling around different programs, I notice that I can no longer minimize using the yellow button between the red and green. Why does that happen? When I close and reopen its back. And I have tried resizing the windows maximizing it, etc. See attached image if you think I am seeing things.

Any ideas?

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Sometimes when I am toggling around different programs, I notice that I can no longer minimize using the yellow button between the red and green. Why does that happen? When I close and reopen its back. And I have tried resizing the windows maximizing it, etc. See attached image if you think I am seeing things.

Any ideas?
Like there is no Green maximise button in System Preferences window .. there may not be no yellow minimize button in some windows. which was that window specifically?

OP
Z
Reaction score
nah, thats not it. It was Preview. I just opened the same PDF in Preview and the yellow button is there.

Reaction score
I never use the yellow button - I just double click on the top and app minimizes.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Very nice tip, double-clicking the title bar! I had not known that. Fresh from the Windows world where that would maximize the app. This is much better since I rarely want to maximize, but often minimize.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I usually just use command+m. i use the commands a lot for some reason, even when it's easier by just clicking something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.