help! I'm a poor student!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a soon to be college student and as such i don't have much cash at hand. So my question is, does anyone know of an XP edition that i can purchase from one of those educational discount sites that will actually run with bootcamp? I know best buy has the 32 bit version full install home edition for $200 but if there is anyway to lower that cost, i'll be very happy since i have roughly $400 bucks to get all of the hardware and software updrages i want b4 college. thanks for any help y'all can give.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Kingofnothing,

You can buy an OEM copy of Windows XP much cheaper than that. Go here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116056 This will work with BOOT Camp, it's the same version I bought for Boot Camp...

This is the SP2 version; there is also an SP3 version for $5 more, but I would buy the SP2 version to be sure for now because Mac is just now changing over to permit SP3 in Boot Camp. You need an updated version of Boot Camp to use SP3. After you install XP, then update Boot Camp and upgrade to SP3 later from Microsoft for nothing.

Good luck, Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.