Online backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good online backup for the Mac. I use Carbonite for my PC but it is not available for Mac yet.

Thanks!!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Check out .Mac (http://www.mac.com), soon to be renamed MobileMe. It's a lot more than online backup, but it allots 20GB of space as well as the "Back to My Mac" feature in OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and a whole lot more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
It will also be compatible with Windows if I'm not mistaken, so you'll be able to use it for your Windows PC as well.

Reaction score
Backup My Info!

Backup My Info! (BUMI) is a great online backup provider that can handle mac, windows, even linux. They are primarily a business service provider...not sure if you are looking for personal or for business. I would check out www.backupmyinfo.com either way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Mozy (2 gig free)
Windows Live Skydrive (5 gig free)

I have both but mainly just use the Mozy 2 gig one.

Reaction score
I use Mozy too and I am really satisfied. And I have no concerns about my data since the will encrypted before the upload.
There is a free version of mozy with a limit of 2 GB. If you sign up through my Referral we will get 256MB storage space extra.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Go With Moxy

I use Mozy too and I am really satisfied. And I have no concerns about my data since the will encrypted before the upload.
There is a free version of mozy with a limit of 2 GB. If you sign up through my Referral we will get 256MB storage space extra.

My favorite has defiantly got to be mozy as well, I installed it set it up and left it and hardly notice it, it back ups when im not using my computer and it has saved me on more than one occasion because I dont have time machine on tiger, but even If i did I would still be using Mozy

Reaction score
I had bad luck with Carbonite on my Mackbook pro. It slowed my computer to unusable and crashed applications. It took me 4 hrs to repair it. I received no support from Carbonite since I would not pay another $20 for phone support. Chat support was worthless and they would not refund my money even though I had only used it 4 days before it crashed my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.