ITunes Audio Problems when burning cd?

Reaction score
When ever i burn a cd from itunes and put it in my car....the audio blows...like i have to turn it up really loud, pretty much double from cd's bought in a store and the bass isnt up to par. Any ideas of an option to adjust? or anything?? music is my life..this is like a restraining order to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
When ever i burn a cd from itunes and put it in my car....the audio blows...like i have to turn it up really loud ... Any ideas of an option to adjust?

Some questions first:
1. What application are you using to burn the CDs; and at what speed are you burning the audio CDs? (the slower the better)
2. Are you able to replay the burned CDs on an audio system other than your car player? If so, what result?
The second question is aimed at determining if there's a problem with your car audio player eg. dust on the lens.
3. After you've burned them, how do the CDs sound on your computer's audio output?
4. What format are the burned CD audio files? (Put the CD in your computer, 2x-click the disk icon and Get Info on any one of the audio files.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
What I would do (and this is kind of advanced, but I do recording as a little hobby of mine) is download Audacity and load up the songs that sound crappy into that and look at the 'wave form'. Songs ripped/recorded can vary in 'fidelity' and you can tell by looking at the size of the wave form. For example, here is a wave form representation of a song I recorded with Audio Hijack Pro from a YouTube video:

song_low.jpg

The wave form is quite low, and I'd have to crank up my stereo whether that would be on my iPod or on a CD that I've burned. I fix that by amplifying it with the built-in amplification plug-in before burning to CD or importing into itunes. (BTW, it's a live performance by Dire Straits of 'Sultans of Swing'.)

Here is an internet radio stream recorded also with Audio Hijack Pro from Quicktime:

song_high.jpg

As you can see, that sucker is LOUD with a capital L. I'm not sure what settings in iTunes one can set, but a little processing of the audio prior to burning can make a difference. I know that most of the songs I've ripped from CDs are usually of the lower volume while things I've recorded end up being more like the larger wave form you see above and I kind of just live with it. But learning about how sound is represented digitally can help you even out your volume settings so perhaps they won't sound quite so bad in your car.

Welcome to the world of audio processing. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.