So far...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4GHz iMac, 2Gb RAM, 250Gb HD
Well, it's officially been a week since I ordered my iMac. I'd tell you how it was going, seeing as this is my first Mac, but I can't because: I DON'T HAVE IT YET!!!! :Shouting:

I give Apple $1300 and they can't get the computer to me in less than 8 days?? Anyone considering a Mac, and you happen to read this, do yourself a favor and forego the free shipping. Spend the money to get it in a resonable amount of time.

Reaction score
I always pay for next day shipping no matter how much the item I am buying costs. I know it will be here by 3PM the next day I did that with my MacBook back in April.

Anyways, yours will be here someday :) just gotta be patient a day or two, or maybe even three! It will be worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Chill out! It'll all be fine.

OP
Jinpa88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chill out! It'll all be fine.

Yeah, I hear ya' and I'm tryin'. But F'in FedEx's website had been saying for days that'd it be here on the 12th.

It took a call, at 1pm yesterday (the 12th), to be told by a FedEx Rep , "I show that it's scheduled to arrive on the 14th". That's infuriating. I'm working from home so I can sign for the darned thing (to start playing with my new Mac) and they drop that on me. Not Cool!

Reaction score
I think "patience" and "Mac owners" do not go well in the same sentence! I just noticed your avatar - you picked a good one if you are impatient! :) Congrats anyway - hope you enjoy your new Mac!!!

Reaction score
At least I can tell you it will be worth it. This is my first Mac and I've had it for two weeks. Amazing machine. Anyway, I suggest you do what I did: learn all you can about Macs and the differences between Windows and OS X. Compile a list of "must-have" apps to replace those you liked on the PC. Things like that. Be ready and then you can dive in.

Just to rub it in, my Mac came a day earlier than expected! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Yeah, I hear ya' and I'm tryin'. But F'in FedEx's website had been saying for days that'd it be here on the 12th.

It took a call, at 1pm yesterday (the 12th), to be told by a FedEx Rep , "I show that it's scheduled to arrive on the 14th". That's infuriating. I'm working from home so I can sign for the darned thing (to start playing with my new Mac) and they drop that on me. Not Cool!

For what it's worth, I've had two Macs delayed by FedEx. I now generally consider FedEx to be incompetent as a result, and wish that Apple used UPS.

OP
Jinpa88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's here, it's here!!!

No more whining from me! ;D

So far, so good. Definitely takes some getting used to. I'm a tad familiar with the Ubuntu Linux distro and I can see where there are some faint similarities.

Someone above mentioned compiling a list of replacement software. Good idea, I was working on that yesterday. In fact, I had started another thread about open source for the Mac and was logging on to check that thread.

Now that it's actually here, I'll be scrounging around this site non-stop.

~Peace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17", 1920x1200 matte LED display, 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB 5400RPM HDD, 512MB VRAM
No more whining from me! ;D

So far, so good. Definitely takes some getting used to. I'm a tad familiar with the Ubuntu Linux distro and I can see where there are some faint similarities.

Someone above mentioned compiling a list of replacement software. Good idea, I was working on that yesterday. In fact, I had started another thread about open source for the Mac and was logging on to check that thread.

Now that it's actually here, I'll be scrounging around this site non-stop.

~Peace

I too compiled a "software solution" list for my Mac before I got it so that I would already know what programs I'd need to get everything up and running. Two very helpful sites that I found to help find the right software:

http://bestmacsoftware.org/

and

http://guide.apple.com/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.