Mac Stories, please!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have been a long time lurker viewing the boards. I absolutely love Mac-Forums. However, I feel as if there is a little something missing and that would have to be a Mac stories section. Everyone has a story that is good, bad, or ugly involving Macs. I like reading why people switched, or how they convinced all their friends and family to switch. I like to read about members experience with ignorant PC users or read about a member grieving about how their Mac got stolen, which I don't enjoy reading, very painful, not good. The few stories that I have read on the boards are an aspect that I really like about Mac-Forums.

Just a suggestion.

Edit: The stories do not necessarily have to be a switch story. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
My switch was exactly the same as Apple Just Works :alien:

C

CaptainMack

i have a story. it is not about how i switched but how i got my mac.

ok i ordered a G5 from the apple website before the new line came out. i then heard rumors of the new line and i call apple to ask them about it. the said they could'nt tell me anything but they would give me a $75 discount if i didnt cancel my order. i said ok. then when they anounced the new line of G5's i checked my order status and it said it was not shipped. i called apple and they said sorry and said that they would give me free over night priority shipping on the model equivilent to the model i had previously ordered. so i had the newest G5 sitting on my desk the day after it came out. i am pretty lucky.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
... :D

A long long time ago, my family got its first computer, a Performa 550. It died after 2 days of use and the floppy drive never worked. Doh.

After that, my family got an iMac SE DV 400. The graphics card is half dead, and it will not run OS X, and it constantly crashes.

After that... I got a PowerBook. I liked OS X. Then, my hard drive died. Not a big deal, as its covered. The night I got my PowerBook back, the new hard drive died. Got a new one, and that one died 2 weeks later, along with the logic board. Over this period of time, the screen has gotten dead pixels.

The glass is half empty, folks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Hmm...that sounds very sad, Abs...and I understand why you're so bitter about Apple...
You really don't seem to have any luck with your Macs. I never had such trouble with any computer I ever owned, and I had a few! (Commodore C16, C64, Atari 1040STE, PC with Pentium III 667MHz,PIII 1000MHz, Athlon 1200, Athlon XP 2400+, Apple Macintosh IIsi, IIci, LCIII, Performa 5200, PowerMac 7600 and PowerMac G4 MDD).
Wish you all the best for the next one! :cool:

A Mac story...well, as everybody can see in the above list of computers, I always was very interested in computer in general. After playing a little with some old Macs (which didn't satisfy me enough to switch completely) I finally got the luck to use a PowerMac G4 Sawtooth and a Titanium Powerbook, both with Mac OS X. After that, my decision was taken, and after gathering some money, I finally bought my PowerMac G4 at the end of last year, and since the using it as my main computer. I still have a PC, with Win98, WinXP and Linux on it, but the Mac is the one I use the most.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Here is my Mac story. Unfortunately, it is rather ugly. First off, I’m taking a Mac class, because it is required to enter into one of the many other commercial arts classes. It’s basically Mac 101. In our classroom, we have the Power Mac G4s and the old 17” studio LCD displays. It starts, when we were taking a quiz. The desks that we worked at did not leave us much room. So some of us would move our keyboards and some would push back their monitors. Everyone was taking the quiz at this point, when the class interrupted by a big crash. One of the girls in the class pushed her monitor back too far and it was only a matter of time until she moved the desk for the monitor to fall off. She was quick to say “I swear, I didn’t do a thing.” Everyone in the class had a smirk on their faces. The student in front of her slowly picked up the monitor and placed it back on her desk. The teacher was quick to say “Oh, don’t worry, it’s probably fine.” Fortunately, the monitor still worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.