Problems Loading Windows XP

Reaction score
Need a bit of help with loading bootcamp onto my iMac.

I've bought an OEM copy of windows XP. I've made sure this is a full OEM copy and not a repair one, and it does have SP2 on the CD.

I've managed to partition the disc and format it but I am now stuck on the copying the files over from the CD to the windows XP installation folders.

It keeps sounding like the computer isnt reading the CD properly, that annoying sound where you think somethings working but then keeps dropping off. I then get an error message saying:-

"Setup cannot copy the file : blabla.bla "

It thens asks me to retry which i've been doing over and over again, and its inching its way to 100%.

Is there anything I can do to make the computer recognise the CD better? I have read a zillion forum posts saying that people have succesfully installed it with an OEM CD.

Many thanks for the help!!

Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
Just to update, I've managed to finish copying the files, I can then reboot the computer and start the installation in Windows XP. However I'm then getting the following error

"Files Needed

The file 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition SP2 is needed

Type the path where the file is located"

Any ideas how I can get the computer the read the dam CD?!?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.