Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz, 4 GB 667 MHz,
I just got the Macbook Pro and i have no idea on how to do some things. Bear with me here I'm kind of computer illiterate.

1. No start menu!? I know this is how Mac functions but i cant even find a way on how to do some things. Copy, Cut, Paste, where do i find these?

2. Internet? Where is the internet logo even at? How do i make shortcuts on my desktop?

3. Is there a way i can transfer all my music and pictures from my PC to my Macbook?

4. I bought this pretty much to make movies and montages from my Xbox 360, i have a HAVA Wireless HD and i know everything on how to do it.

Will I have Internet wherever i go? Even on the road and airplanes and such?

Sorry for all the questions I'm only 15 and i know i should've did my research before i bought it, but now I'm here asking many questions.

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
You can do the cut/copy/paste the same way as Windows using the keyboard, but use the command button (the one with the weird box thing on it) and the lettter (x/c/p). Otherwise, the commands can be found in the bar along the top. Usually under "Edit." Just like Windows apps.

The Internet is that compass at the bottom of the screen. The internet app is called Safari. You can always try another browser like Firefox if you want to download it.

You make shortcuts by either holding control and left-clicking on a file or by right-clicking (if that is enabled) and choosing "Make Alias." Aliases are to Mac what Shortcuts are to PC.

You should be able to transfer your files without problem. Use a flash drive or something similar.

No idea about the 360 thing. As far as internet, you will have it as long as there is an open Wi-Fi connection. A lot of places have these, but not on an airplane.

I'm new to the whole Mac thing as well. I've picked up a few things this last week using it. Hopefully that helps. I've found the Mac community to be quite helpful.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz, 4 GB 667 MHz,
You can do the cut/copy/paste the same way as Windows using the keyboard, but use the command button (the one with the weird box thing on it) and the lettter (x/c/p). Otherwise, the commands can be found in the bar along the top. Usually under "Edit." Just like Windows apps.

The Internet is that compass at the bottom of the screen. The internet app is called Safari. You can always try another browser like Firefox if you want to download it.

You make shortcuts by either holding control and left-clicking on a file or by right-clicking (if that is enabled) and choosing "Make Alias." Aliases are to Mac what Shortcuts are to PC.

You should be able to transfer your files without problem. Use a flash drive or something similar.

No idea about the 360 thing. As far as internet, you will have it as long as there is an open Wi-Fi connection. A lot of places have these, but not on an airplane.

I'm new to the whole Mac thing as well. I've picked up a few things this last week using it. Hopefully that helps. I've found the Mac community to be quite helpful.

Thank you very much, pretty much everything answered.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
1) cut, copy and paste can all be fount up on the top bar under edit, the keyobard short cuts are command + C for copy, command + V for paste, and command + X for cut (command key is also called the apple key)

2) are you asking about the web browser? if so it is a program called safari.

3) you can try the migration assistant

Reaction score
You can also cut/paste by using another mouse and right click just like in windows. I use a Logitech Trackerball.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
lucion you beat me to it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Turn on "right clicking" in the preferences. Click the apple in the top left, system preferences, keyboard and mouse. Put a check next to "for secondary clicks place two fingers on the track pad then click the button"

Then you put two fingers on the track pad and click, that is a right click. Also you use two fingers on the trackpad to scroll.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.