2 simple questions...probably very easy to fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz, 4GB Ram, CS3 suite
I have two things that are bothering me on my new MacBook Pro.
1. On Adium, I have meta contacts. Usually, my meta contacts just show as one screen name. However, one of my meta contacts has the entire list of sub contacts underneath it, tabbed to the right a little bit. How do I get it back to one screen name?
2. I have a CS3 suite stack. When ever I click on any of the programs it says it needs repaired because it was moved. I tell it to repair, enter my master password, and it boots. However, the next time I try to open it, it says the same thing. It never fixes it. How do I fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
1) Right click on the "leading" contact and select "Collapse Combined Contact"

2)Did you copy the adobe programs to the new folder or make aliases to them?

If you just copied them it will not work, you need to make aliases to them by dragging the icons from your applications folder, to whatever folder you are using to make the stack while holding Cmd+Alt/Option...

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz, 4GB Ram, CS3 suite
1) Right click on the "leading" contact and select "Collapse Combined Contact"

2)Did you copy the adobe programs to the new folder or make aliases to them?

If you just copied them it will not work, you need to make aliases to them by dragging the icons from your applications folder, to whatever folder you are using to make the stack while holding Cmd+Alt/Option...

Awesome, thank you for answering both. You answered both perfectly! However, the Adobe CS3 suite, I still have a problem. I moved all the .app files without making the aliases. Do you know where the .app files are supposed to be? I don't remember...:\

EDIT~ I moved them back to where I'm pretty sure they used to be...however, they still say that the programs need to be repaired everytime I boot them. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.