Vista overheating, performance reduction?

Reaction score
I recently started using bootcamp on my MBP 2.2ghz 2gb 200hdd and nvidia 8600 256, and it runs very well, however the computer gets unbeilable hot. (graphic card about 70drg and micro over 60drg on iddle <not doing anything> and if i run something graphic card goes well over 80-90 and micro over 75-80> )
i tried lowering all graphic, and w/e i didnt need but still it gets too hot, im wondering if there is any simple solution (i was thinking if it would be possible to lower the micro and graphic card micro 15-20% to keep it cool) anyway im open for suggestion. thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I recently started using bootcamp on my MBP 2.2ghz 2gb 200hdd and nvidia 8600 256, and it runs very well, however the computer gets unbeilable hot. (graphic card about 70drg and micro over 60drg on iddle <not doing anything> and if i run something graphic card goes well over 80-90 and micro over 75-80> )
i tried lowering all graphic, and w/e i didnt need but still it gets too hot, im wondering if there is any simple solution (i was thinking if it would be possible to lower the micro and graphic card micro 15-20% to keep it cool) anyway im open for suggestion. thanks

Since you're running Vista from Boot Camp, "RMClock" should work to keep the CPU from overheating. It's a free utility, small, easy to setup, and it works to hold down the CPU temps. Give it a try.

http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml

Be sure to read all the documentation paying close attention to the "throttling" options.

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
thanks, i'll give it a try, but i also find a solution by my own, i just went to vista energy options and configured to use the cpu at 50% even if it was not running on batteries, and it runs just fine (and cool) anyway i did not need much power, and even though it is running at 50% (and gpu also limited to 289mhz by some other option which i cant figure which one is, i only know from another utility) i tried a game and it runs just fine.
Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.