MacBook Pro Potential Buyer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am wanting to purchase a MacBook Pro (15'' Display, 4 GB RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, Apple Remote, HP Photosmart C4280) for aboout 2317.95 with the printer rebate.

Does anyone have any suggestions of if I should purchase this online or in an Apple Store (yes, I do live in the USA). Also, has anyone ever had personal pros or cons with this machine. I am trying to get as much research as possible before spending so much money. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am wanting to purchase a MacBook Pro (15'' Display, 4 GB RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, Apple Remote, HP Photosmart C4280) for aboout 2317.95 with the printer rebate.

Does anyone have any suggestions of if I should purchase this online or in an Apple Store (yes, I do live in the USA). Also, has anyone ever had personal pros or cons with this machine. I am trying to get as much research as possible before spending so much money. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best deal you can probably get currently is buy through the Apple Store online. Go through the education store and you will get $200 off, plus a free Touch. Plus the hard drive is a little cheaper and so is the remote. My girl friend is going to be buying "herself" a new Mac since I just finished up with college. Also you can buy 4 Gb of ram pretty cheap ($100). My plan is to sell the Touch and 2 Gb of RAM after I get my Macbook Pro. That should slice about $250-$300 additionally off my total.

OP
Chase
Reaction score
Okay, and do I have to pay taxes if I buy it through the website, although I still live in the USA?

OP
Chase
Reaction score
If anyone knows the answer please reply.

Also, will all printers be compatible with PC and Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Yes, you still pay tax. Uncle Sam wants his money.

OP
Chase
Reaction score
Should I wait to buy a MBP, I heard they are coming out with an update soon...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Update rumors are just rumors. You never know if they are true or not. The macbook pros are pretty new and even if they do come out with an update, it isn't going to be something so incredible that you wish you never bought the current model. There are going to be updated constantly so it's just a matter of when you need it more than anything else. And yes, the printer you buy will most likely be compatible with both mac and pc but to make sure you could check on the companys website to see what drivers that have for it, or just read a bit about it. But usually, if not always, printers are compatible with either just PC or PC and mac so you should be all set. And if you want to customize by adding ram, etc. then you have to order online. If you don't need the laptop yet maybe just wait and see if a new release comes out after the summer months, but I can tell you now that I just bought the current MBP model with 2.5 ghz, 4 gb ram, etc. and I am going to school for graphic design and need a powerful computer and it has not once disappointed me. I also use parallels to run windows when needed and it works great. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Hey guys,

That's a customized configuration. You will have to buy it online. That's pretty much identical to my mbp, I have no issues with it ;) Total run time in this point is probably close to 1000 machine hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4
Just go for it man, its something you won't regret. It is a heck of a laptop, IMHO, the best out there; i use mine for photo editing and its amazing. 4gbs of mem is very nice to have also, if you multitask its really good and im considering upgrading my 2 to 4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.