applications turn off after screen saver goes off

Reaction score
My girlfriend's iMac has this odd problem where when she gets out of a screen saver or sleep mode, her open applications close right after she comes back. Anybody heard of this?

Reaction score
I had the same issue and just realized it's the log-out that turns off the open application, not the screensaver. It's an easy fix - go to system preference>personal>security, and uncheck the box "logout after ## min of inactivity".

It worked for me. Hope it helps with your question.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please observe the date of the post you responded to. You replied to a post that was three years old. I'm fairly certain the person who asked the question has found his answer by now.

K

kzar11

Here it is another year later and I am quite happy Junze responded because I had the same question. You never know who you might help even if it has been quite a while since the original post.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's fine, glad it helped you. We remind folks about observing the date of the original post for several reasons, not just because it's old.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.